Healthier Butterless Eggless Whole Wheat Pistachio Cookies.
The store-bought cookies and most homemade cookie recipes too are filled with saturated fat and sugar making it calorie dense and poor in nutrition. But who doesn’t love cookies? I do! 🙂 So, I tried this version of cookies using whole wheat, coconut oil and pistachios with controlled amount of sugar to make it healthier. Of Course, Coconut oil is healthier than the regular Butter and makes an excellent replacement for butter in most recipes as well. Read the health benefits of using coconut oil. Being eggless makes it suitable for vegetarians too. Plus, the addition of whole grains and pistachios in these cookies makes them fiber rich, nutrients rich and heart healthy because of the vitamin E and mono unsaturated fatty acid content. And since we are making small cookies, portion size is easy to watch as well. After all, it is a vegetarian complete protein dish, very easy to make and you can prepare the dough ahead and store it in the refrigerator. Make this healthy cookie snacky at home and enjoy!
PS: Kids will love it.. You too will 🙂
Calories per Serving:64; Carb- 8g; Fat- 3g; Fiber- 1g; Protein – 1g
Preparation time: 1hr and 15M Cooking time: 12-15M Total time: 1 hr 30M
1.5 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 Cup Chopped Pistachios
½ Cup Coconut Oil
¾ Cup White Sugar or Brown Sugar
½ Cup Non-Fat Milk Powder
½ tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Low Fat Milk
- Add Coconut Oil and Sugar in a bowl, mix well until well combined.
- Add all other ingredients except milk and mix well.
- Add milk little by little to form a dough and it depends on the quality of the wheat flour. I needed ½ cup.
- You might need to use your hand to form them in to a dough.
- Divide the dough into two.
- Roll and shape like a cylinder, cover with aluminum foil/ wax paper.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- Cut into equal sized circles.
- Bake for 15 minutes by turning them in between.
- Makes about 40-45 cookies.
- Serve 2-3 cookies with a cup of Milk for a healthy guilt free snack 🙂
- You can even refrigerate the dough for up to 2-3 days and bake it fresh when you want to eat them.
- If you want it crispier, slice the dough thinly and bake until both sides turn golden.