Okra Stir Fry | Vendakkai Poriyal
Okra/ Vendakkai is a tasty and nutritious vegetable but many people are hesitant to eat them just because they are slimmy. I think it should not be a reason anymore. Cook the Vegetable this way and you will start loving it. Some people use lot of oil while making this dish to get to the crispy texture which makes it high in calories too. Follow the simple steps given in this humble recipe, to make a beautiful, crispy, delicious Okra Stir Fry. I said, the recipe serves 3 but you may eat it all by yourself too and it is totally fine 🙂 Buy more and cook again :). Try and enjoy this delicious recipe at home. Enjoy Good Health!
Calories per Serving:89; Carb- 11g; Fat- 5g; Fiber-5g; Protein – 3g
Preparation time: 5M Cooking time: 15M Total time: 20M
Difficulty: Very Easy
40 Okra/ Vendakkai/ Ladies Finger/ Okra
0.25 tsp Salt
1 tbsp (3 tsp) Oil
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
2 Red Chillies
- Slice the Okra/ Vendakkai.
- Heat Oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, once it starts spluttering, add red chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Add in the sliced vegetable and saute over high flame for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The slimmyness would have gone by now. Add the salt, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Serve as a side for any main course. It is Yummy!
- Do not add salt until the slimmyness is gone, otherwise the water will start coming off the vegetable and make it much more slimmy.
- While slicing, make sure it is of even size to have same cook time.
- Do not cover with lid through out the cooking process.
Share, Follow and Stay tuned for more Healthier Recipes and Nutrition Facts. Thank you!