Peanut Raw Mango Salad – Indian Style
Peanut Raw Mango Salad (Kadalai Sundal) is famous in India and is a popular beach/ evening snack sold in newspaper cones. I modified it a little bit by giving a beautiful dressing and balancing it with more vegetables and made it more of a salad style. It is not just my all-time favorite but all my friends and family’s too. I usually make it for potlucks or when I invite a big crowd home. It is so easy to make yet healthy and scrumptious. Look at the protein content, fiber and other micro nutrient values, it is amazing! The fat in this dish comes from heart healthy, mono unsaturated fats rich in Vitamin E. So,it is an overall healthy and delicious simple salad. Do try this recipe and share it with your family and friends. I’m sure you will enjoy it. Enjoy Good Health!
Calories per Serving:502; Carb- 23g; Fat- 41g; Fiber- 8g; Protein – 19g
Preparation time: 10M Cooking time: 10M (To boil Peanuts) Total time: 20M
Difficulty: Very Easy
2 Cup Raw Peanuts
1 Cup Raw Mango (Chopped)
¾ Cup Carrot (Grated)
½ Cup Onion (Chopped)
Handful of Coriander Leaves/ Cilantro
1Tbsp Oil (Extra virgin Olive Oil or Cold Pressed Sesame Oil)
½ tsp Chilli Powder / Cayenne
¼ tsp Salt
Few Drops of Lemon Juice
- Boil Peanuts using sufficient water with 2 pinches of salt.
- Chop Mango, Onion, Cilantro, Grate Carrots.
- Add the peanuts and veggies in a bowl
- Mix the ingredients given under dressing well and drizzle it over.
- Mix well and serve. Healthy and Delicious!
Click below for related Healthy and Delicious Recipes:
- Taste and adjust the seasoning per your taste buds. I recommend not to increase the amount of salt.
- Try to use fresh raw Mangos (mostly found in Indian Stores) and not the frozen ones.
Micro Nutrient Values:
Share, Follow and Stay tuned for more Healthier Recipes and Nutrition Facts. Thank you!