Veg Clear Soup with Silken Tofu
Soup is one great one way to eat lot of different vegetables in just one serving. This Soup recipe is just a basic veg clear soup, but very flavorful. Through this recipe all I want to tell you is eat clear soup along with the vegetables. If you are a person who just drinks the soup and discards the vegetables, realize, you are wasting so much fiber, vitamin, and minerals. Of course home made veg clear soups are healthier than the restaurant soups where only handful of vegetables are added for that big pot with lot of added salt. In this recipe, I have used broccoli and cilantro stalks which is thrown away most of the time which has so much nutrition value too and addition of tofu increases the protein score as well. But you can make this soup with any vegetable you have. Don’t forget to add that liberal dash of lemon juice to pop up the freshness while serving. Make soups often at home and enjoy along with the vegetables. Your body will be very happy, I tell you. Good health!
Calories per Serving:114; Carb- 16g; Fat- 4g; Fiber- 3g; Protein – 6g
Preparation time: 10M Cooking time: 10M Total time: 20M
Difficulty: Very Easy
Stalk of 1 Broccoli
1 cup carrot
½ cup Stalk of Coriander/ Cilantro
½ cup Sprouted Mung Bean
½ Onion (Medium)
2 Pods of Garlic
1 Cup Soft Silken Tofu
1 tsp Oil
½ tsp Cumin Powder
4 Cups Water
½ tsp salt
Pepper to taste
- Chop all vegetables as finely as possible.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a sauce pan, saute garlic, then add onions and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add all the chopped vegetables.
- Add water, salt, cumin powder and bring it to a boil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add Soft Silken Tofu and boil for 2 minutes.
- Soup is Ready! Serve with a liberal dash of lemon juice and pepper.
- You can use any combination of vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage, greens, potato, bokchoy etc.
- Add ½ tsp turmeric powder to add more medicinal properties to the soup.
- Few drops of Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce can be added while serving.
- Save the broccoli stalks, carrot leaves, cilantro stalk etc in the fridge/freezer and put everything together to make this soup.
Check more Complete Protein Foods.
Share, Follow and Stay tuned for more Healthier Recipes and Nutrition Facts. Thank you!