Instant Nut Mix Powder with Nutrition Facts
Instant Nut Mix Powder
There are lot of instant nuts drink mix sold in the market but it contains lots and lots of sugar in it. You will not have control over the amount of sugar and also the proportion of nuts in the mix will be very less compared to the amount of sugar. So, it is almost ‘junk’ unless you make nut/ badam milk at home from scratch. So, I tried to make a instant nut mix powder to make it easy for busy parents. You can add it in almost anything to increase the nutrient value esp for toddlers. Nuts are rich in Vitamin E and so many heart healthy fats. In case you have registered a myth in your brain that nuts are high in fats, it is time to ditch it and start eating nuts regularly.
Health Benefits of Nuts:
A wealth of data from prospective observational studies and clinical trials suggest that tree nut consumption reduces the risk of several chronic diseases, including cardiovascular disease (CVD), type 2 diabetes, and some forms of cancer. Moreover, there may be benefits for cognitive health. Adding support to these findings is research suggesting that incorporating tree nuts in the diet lowers the risk of conditions that contribute to disease, such as hypertension, high cholesterol, insulin resistance, abdominal obesity, endothelial dysfunction, oxidative stress, and inflammation.
Various components of nuts, such as heart-healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, plant-based protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals may work together to offer protection against oxidation, inflammation, cancer, and CVD. Although nuts and seeds are energy-dense foods, cross-sectional and observational studies have found an inverse association between tree nuts and BMI or weight gain.
Serves: 20 (2 tsp per Serving)
Calories per Serving:75; Carb- 3g; Fat- 6g; Fiber- 1g; Protein – 3g
Preparation time: 15 M Cooking time: 0 M Total time: 15 M
Difficulty: Very Easy
1 Cup Almonds/ Badam
½ Cup Pistachios
½ Cup Cashew Nut
3 fat Pinch of Saffron
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
5-6 Cardamom/ Elachi
- Toast nut in an oven preheated to 350-degree F (200-degree C) for 10-12 minutes by tossing every 5 minutes.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Whip them in a blender along with saffron, turmeric powder and cardamom to form a coarse powder.
- Just whip don’t blend. Whip, pause for a second and continue doing it for 7-8 whips and not more.
- The product will be like fine granules and not as fine powder.
- Do not whip/ blend more otherwise the oil will start to coming off and it will become a paste.
- You can even dry toast the nuts in stove top over medium flame until nice aroma comes and golden brown color appear on the cashew nuts.
- If you are using pre-roasted unsalted nuts, well and good you just need to blend all the ingredients together.
- Adding turmeric is optional but it gives a nice golden hue when making nut milk besides its numerous health benefits.
- You can add more saffron as well.
Mixed Berry Banana Nut Smoothie
How to use:
- You can make nut flavored milk. [Will post the recipe soon]
- Mix this into rice, rotis, gravies etc, especially when you are feeding your fussy toddler/ kids.
Share, Follow and Stay tuned for more Healthier Recipes and Nutrition Facts. Thank you!