Whole Wheat Idiyappam/ String Hoppers
Calories per Serving:271; Carb- 58g; Fat- 1g; Fiber- 10g; Protein – 11g
Preparation time: 15 M Cooking time: 5 M Total time: 20M
Difficulty: Very Easy
2 Cups Wheat Flour
2 Cups Water
½ tsp Salt
Oil to grease
- Dry roast wheat flour for 5 minutes in slow flame until nice aroma comes.
- Let it cool, add salt, mix well.
- Add hot water little by little and mix well to form a smooth dough. Let it rest for 10 minutes. The dough may feel a little sticky but will be fine after the resting time.
- Grease the idiyappam/ String hopper maker (you can find it in any Indian appliance store) with oil, add the dough, press with a slight circular motion to form beautiful soft idiyappams/ string hoppers.
- Top with grated coconut, sprinkle some sugar and eat it! Healthy and Delicious!
Please Comment, Share and Follow.. Stay tuned for more recipes and Nutrition Facts. Thank you!