Bruschetta Using Whole Wheat Rusk
Bruschetta is a starter dish from Italy where the bread is grilled, rubbed with garlic and topped with olive oil and salt. Lot of variations are done by topping with tomato, cheese, different vegetables, meat etc. Usually Italian Ciabatta bread or French loaf is used for the recipe which is mostly not available in whole wheat. So, I came into the idea of using Whole Wheat Rusk (a hard, twice baked bread) which is crispy and can be stored for months in an air tight container. You can find them in any Indian Stores. Trust me the dish tastes so great and you will make it often once you try it. It will be an easy to make tasty and Vibrant party appetizer too. Enjoy with family and friends. Good Health!
Calories per Serving:149; Carb-14 g; Fat- 7g; Fiber- 3g; Protein – 7g
Preparation time: 10 M Cooking time: 0M Total time: 10 M
Difficulty: Very Easy
8 Whole Wheat Rusk
2 Large Tomatoes
9 Sprig Coriander leaves/ Cilantro
2 oz (50g) Goat Cheese or Mozarella cheese
1/8th tsp Salt
1/4th tsp Black Pepper
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat the rusk on both sides in a pan or bake at 350 degree F for 3-5 minutes to bring in some freshness.
- Seed the tomatoes and chop both tomatoes and Coriander Leaves.
- In a bowl mix the chopped tomatoes, coriander leaves along with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Top liberally on each rusk and arrange the pieces of cheese on top.
- Serve as an appetizer or snack! Healthy and Delicious!
- You can use fresh Basil or Parsley instead of Coriander Leaves.
- Rub Garlic on the rusk before you start topping for a nice garlicky flavor.
- Balsamic Vinegar can be added too.
Read for more healthy and tasty snacks/ appetizers
Please Comment, Share and Follow.. Stay tuned for more recipes and Nutrition Facts. Thank you!