Mushroom Mint Pulao
Mushroom Mint Pulao
I tried Mushroom Mint Pulao as a no onion no garlic recipe by using mushrooms instead of onions. Turned out to be an extremely flavorful dish and of course very healthy as well. Since it is loaded with vegetables, you need not worry about making veg side for this recipe. May be some toasted papad will be good or you can eat it just like that. This will be great lunchbox recipe too.
Calories per Serving:407; Carb- 77g; Fat- 6g Fiber- 3g; Protein – 10g
Preparation time: 10M Cooking time: 25 M Total time: 35 M
1.5 cup Finely Chopped Mushrooms
1 cup Mint leaves
½ cup Coriander/ Cilantro leaves
1 cup Basmati Rice
1 tsp Ginger Root
2 Slit Green Chilly
1 Large Tomato
3 Tbsp Yogurt
2 tsp Coconut Oil (or 1 tsp oil+1 tsp ghee/ clarified butter)
3 Pods Cardamom
¾ tsp Salt
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 Cups Water
- Soak rice when you start preparing other ingredients for the recipe.
- Grind Mint and Coriander Leaves together to form a smooth paste.
- Chop Mushrooms, Tomatoes and grate Ginger.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cardamom and green chilly fry for 10 seconds.
- Add in the mushrooms and fry until all the moisture evaporates. (Do this in high heat for 1 -2 minutes)
- Add tomatoes and fry for a minute.
- Add in the mint- coriander paste, yogurt, turmeric powder, salt, mix well and let it cook for 2 minutes until the water evaporates and becomes like a thick paste.
- Strain and add rice, mix well for a minute allowing a nice coating of masala over rice.
- Add water, bring it to a boil, cover with lid and cook for 7 minutes over medium flame and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve. Healthy and Yummy!
- If using a pressure cooker, cook for 1 whistle and simmer for 10 minutes.
- You can use either mint or coriander instead of combination.
- If you don’t like it spicy add the green chilly without splitting it.
- If you like it spicier, grind green chilies along with mint/ coriander leaves.
- If you are a vegan, skip yogurt and add another teaspoon of oil to the recipe.
Your comments, likes and shares are highly appreciated! Stay tuned for more recipes. Thank you!