Wheat Rava Kesari
Calories per Serving:335; Carb- 68g; Fat- 6g; Fiber- 0g; Protein – 7g
Preparation time: 3M Cooking time: 12M Total time: 15M
2 Cups Broken Wheat
1 Cup Sugar (Organic)
6 cups water
4.5 tsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
A handful of Cashews
2 tbsp Raisins
A pinch of turmeric powder (for color)
A fat pinch of Saffron
4-5 Green Cardamom
A pinch of salt
- Grind broken wheat in a mixie/ blender to a fine powder (Sooji/ Semolina texture).
- Dry roast until nice aroma comes and the color changes to slight brown color for about 5 minutes.
- Heat 2 tsp ghee in a pan, add cashews and fry, when the color starts to change add the raisins and fry until it swells up.
- Remove from pan and keep it separately.
- Leave the remaining ghee in the pan, add water, turmeric powder, saffron, crushed cardamom, salt and bring it to a boil.
- Slowly add the wheat and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- The mixture will start to thicken and when it gets thick, add the sugar and remaining ghee and keep stirring for about 3-4 minutes until it comes together as a non-sticky dough.
- Serve hot. If you would like to serve later, transfer it to a grease tray, allow it to cool and make cubes.
Click for more dessert recipes here:
- This recipe will yield a mildly sweet dish, if you like to add more sugar or ghee decrease the portion size.
- If you want it even more healthier, increase the number of raisins and decrease the sugar.
Your Comments, likes and shares are highly appreciated! Stay tuned for more recipes. Thank you!