Whole Wheat Banana Walnut Bread
Me and my family loves starbucks banana walnut bread and I thought of replicating the same recipe and making it even more healthier by using whole wheat flour, adding more walnuts, decreasing the amount of sugar but tasting as great. This is a no fail recipe moist, rich and delicious after all very easy to make. Try at home and enjoy!
Calories per Serving:293; Carb- 41g; Fat- 14g; Fiber- 4g; Protein – 6g
Preparation time: 20 M Cooking time: 60 M Total time: 1 hr 20 M
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 large Bananas (2.5 cups when mashed)
1 cup Walnut (chopped)
1 tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp salt
3/4 cup Sugar
3 tsp Honey
1/3 cup oil
¼ cup low fat Milk
7-8 drops Fresh Lemon Juice
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 325-degree F (165-degree C)
- Add lemon juice to the Milk and leave it aside for 10 minutes. [ You can use ¼ cup buttermilk instead].
- Mash Bananas without lumps, chop walnuts.
- Beat eggs until nice and frothy, add in sugar, honey, oil, vanilla extract, buttermilk (milk- lemon mixture) and beat well.
- Add in the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Sift in dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt) together into the wet mixture, mix until well combined.
- Add the walnuts and give it a stir. That’s it, Batter is ready.
- Grease 9 X 5 inch loaf pan, pour the batter in, tap it gently to make the batter spread evenly.
- Top with some chopped walnuts and bake for 60 – 70 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean and the top changes to light golden brown.
- Moist and soft whole wheat banana walnut bread is ready to enjoy!
- You can add ¾ cup walnuts+ ¼ cup Pecans instead of one whole cup of walnuts.
- I have a toddler at home and she loves muffins. So, I used 8 X 4 inch loaf pan and used the remaining batter to make 3 whole wheat banana walnut muffin 🙂
Your Comments, likes and shares are highly appreciated! Stay tuned for more recipes….