Crispy Baked Chicken
Calories per Serving:201; Carb- 15g; Fat- 3g; Fiber- 1g; Protein – 28g
Preparation time: 10 M Cooking time: 25M Total time: 35M
Difficulty: Very Easy
1 lb Chicken Breast (450g)
1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp Chilli powder/ Cayenne Pepper
½ tsp Italian Seasoning (optional)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Oil for brushing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 deg C).
- Clean chicken well with running water and marinate using lemon juice, pepper powder and 1/4 tsp salt.
- In the meantime, beat eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix Panko bread crumbs with chili powder, Italian seasoning and the remaining salt.
- Keep flour, beaten eggs and panko bread crumbs in the same order.
- Prepare a baking tray by lining with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Put the chicken over the flour and coat well, then dip it in the eggs and finally giving a nice coating of bread crumbs and place in on the baking sheet.
- Brush or spray some oil on the top for golden brown crispy texture.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip it over and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with salad.
- Regular bread crumbs can be used if you don’t have panko bread crumbs.
- Increase the amount of chili powder added to the bread crumbs if you like it spicier.
- Corn flour can be used instead of all purpose flour (Maida).
- This recipe is definitely healthier than the regular fried chicken. This will make a healthy dinner when served with a bowl full of rainbow salad.
I will soon post the recipe for rainbow salad. Stay tuned!
Try this recipe and let me know how it came out in the comment below. Thank you!