Ulundhu Kali/Urad Dhall Kali
Ulundhu Kali/ Urad Dhall Kali:
Calories per Serving:195; Carb- 26g; Fat- 7g; Fiber- 5g; Protein – 7g
Preparation time: 2H Cooking time: 20M Total time: 20M
¾ Cup Whole Urad Dhall (with Skin)
¼ Cup Rice
1.5 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds
2.5 cups water
¼ tsp salt
1.5 tbsp Sesame Oil
One half head of Karuppati (Jaggery made from Palm Wine)
- Soak Urad dhal, rice and fenugreek seeds together for about 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Grind them to a smooth paste.
- In a large vessel, add water, salt, oil and bring it to a boil.
- Add the ground paste and stir continuously.
- Midway, dissolve Karuppatti in boiling water, strain and add to the cooking paste.
- Cook for about 20 minutes by stirring continuously.
- Serve Ulundhu Kali by drizzling some sesame oil or just like that.
- You can skip step 5 and top with grated Karuppati when serving. This helps cutting down calories from Jaggery (Karuppati).
- Karuppati has more nutritional value compared to white sugar, but it provides high calories as well. Diabetic people should be more aware of it.
Nutrition fact provided is exclusive of the added Karupatti (Jaggery)
Do try this recipe and let me know how it came out in the comment below. Thank you!