Indian Grilled Fish Steak / Tawa Fish Fry
Calories per Serving:336; Carb- 5g; Fat- 20g; Fiber- 2g; Protein -35 g
Preparation time: 30M Cooking time: 10M Total time: 40M
½ kg Fish
3 tbsp oil
1.5 tbsp Chilli Powder/ Cayenne powder
0.5 tbsp Coriander Powder (optional)
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Salt
½ tbsp. oil
1 lemon juice
1 tbsp salt
- Clean fish well using lemon juice and salt to get rid most of fishy smell.
- Make a paste using all the ingredients given under ‘For Marination’.
- Apply the paste evenly over the fish pieces and let it marinate in the fridge for minimum of 30 minutes. Longer the better.
- Heat an iron griddle/tawa over high flame. When it is hot, lay the fish, drizzle ½ tsp oil and cook for a minute.
- Flip it over and cook for another 1 minute in high flame.
- Reduce the flame to medium heat and cook on both sides for two minutes each. Drizzle another half a teaspoon oil.
- Now, turn on to high flame again and cook until dark spots appear on both sides.
- Serve hot and spicy Grilled Fish/ Tawa fish fry with thinly sliced onions and lemon wedges.
- If you want to fry the fish within half an hour of marination, put the fish in freezer.
- Frying more than one fish at the same time will take little longer cooking time, so watch out accordingly.The time for cooking depends on the thickness as well.
- The fish can be easily flaked with fork when done.
- Make sure you don’t overcook it, otherwise the fish will become tough and rubbery.
- You can even use outdoor grill to make this fish.
You save a lot of calories and nutrition waste by grilling fish instead of deep frying. I bet, you will start loving this more.
Do try this recipe and let me know how it came out in the comment below. Thank you!