Sprouted Green Gram and Apple Salad
Calories per Serving:134; Carb-33 g; Fat-1 g; Fiber-6 g; Protein -4 g
Preparation time: 10 M+ Sprouting Time Cooking time: 0M Total time: 10 M+ Sprouting Time
Difficulty: Very Easy
1 cup Whole Green gram/ Mung bean
1 Red Apple
2 tbsp Cilantro/ Coriander leaves
2 tsp Honey
½ a Lemon
½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
A pinch of salt
- Soak Green gram/Mung bean in water overnight in a pot.
- Drain the excessive water and leave it dry in the same pot. Wait until nice sprouts are formed (It took me 24 hours)
- Finely chop apple, grate the carrots and add them to the sprouted Green Gram.
- Add fresh lemon juice, honey, chopped cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix them well.
- Delicious sweet, sour and spicy salad is ready to be served.
- Do not wash the sprouts as it will wash away the nutrients too.
- Decrease the pepper powder if you like it to be less spicy.
- Time to sprout might depending on the temperature and other factors.
- Don’t forget to look at the micronutrient values, you will not forget to make it atleast once a week.
Your comments are valuable. Please leave a comment in the box below. Thank you.